South Canterbury Trusts
This encompasses applications to Rowland Edgar Charitable Trust, Allan Edgar South Canterbury Trusts and The General Charitable Fund South Canterbury.
Rowland Edgar Charitable Trust
The late Rowland Arnold Edgar, known as "Rowlie" was a retired farmer who established a lasting legacy in the form of the "Rowland Edgar Charitable Trust" since 1996.
Allan Edgar South Canterbury Trust
The late Allan Henry Edgar was a retired farmer who established a lasting legacy in the form of the "Allan Edgar South Canterbury Trust" since 1983. He was a Returned Serviceman and served in the New Zealand Infantry. During his lifetime, he was a vintage car enthusiast and proudly owned a Model A Ford.
Through Rowland's and Allan's foresight and kindness, many different organisations have benefitted in the South Canterbury area.
The General Charitable Fund South Canterbury
This Trust was established by Perpetual Trust Ltd in 1975 for charitable purposes in the South Canterbury Area. The grants from this fund honour's the following generous donors' intent:
Jack Ayers Morgan
Jean Caroline Foord
Jessie A Cook
The Rowland Edgar Charitable Trust, Allan Edgar South Canterbury Trust and The General Charitable Fund South Canterbury were all established to apply the net income at the trustee's discretion towards charitable purposes in the South Canterbury area.
Funding Amount and Time Frames
- Applications to be considered as a recipient for funding are assessed annually. The next granting cycle will be from Monday 1st April 2019 to Friday 26th April 2019.
- Collectively between the three Trusts, the amount to be distributed this year is approximately $40,000.
- All applications must be completed online.
- The length of the assessment process is dependent on the volume of applications and all applicants are notified of the decision. During the assessment period, trustees may request further clarification from the applicant regarding their application
- Please note, you are applying for funding from the following three Trusts, by completing this single application:
- Rowland Edgar Charitable Trusts
- Allan Edgar South Canterbury Trust
- The General Charitable Fund South Canterbury.
Regrettably, due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note the decision of the Trustee is final and not subject to any appeals process.
Click on the following grant button to start your application.